Saturday, May 10, 2008

Welcome to Usenshorast, a blog about my current and future Fortresses in the roguelike computer game, Dwarf Fortress. If you don't know what DF is, its basically a combination between a roguelike like Nethack, and a RTS/City-building game like Sim City. You start a small Dwarven outpost and aim to turn it into the mightiest metropolis in the land. This blog will be primarily in character letters, notes, and memos from the pretend city of Usenshorast, and if Usenshorast be undone, then whatever next fortress I attempt.

This sounds boring, why should I read this?
I'm more interested in writing some brief stories to get a little better at fiction writing. However, I've found that tales from DF make particularly humorous/epic storytelling. The game's unfinished nature gives it some pretty interesting quirks, and the stories I've shared with friends who also play this game have been entertaining, so I'd like to attempt to share some of them. I promise it'll be at least worth a few minutes time.

With that out of the way, welcome to Usenshorast! Let us Strike the Earth!

Links:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page

No comments: